Inlays and Onlays are restorations that are made to rear teeth that have a mild to moderate amount of decay. They are made of composite resin material, porcelain, or gold by a dental laboratory.
- An inlay sits in a hole inside the tooth
- An onlay sits on top of the tooth to build up its shape.
They can also be used to:
- Restore teeth that are cracked or fractured if the damage is not severe enough to require a dental crown.
- Replace metal fillings for patients who desire a more natural looking smile.
- Their use helps to conserve much of the natural tooth structure.